Nike athlete Eliud Kipchoge broke the previously elusive 2-hour marathon barrier, inspiring the world and proving that no human potential is limited. A revolutionary footwear innovation, a prototype of the Nike Alphafly NEXT%, helped Eliud run into the history books — and a new footwear category was born. Five years later, Nike athletes and the Nike Alphafly are still the ones to beat.
- The Nike Alphafly 3 features the same high-stack ZoomX foam midsole marathoners love for lightweight cushioning mile after mile.
- For the first time, the Alphafly 3 connects the heel and forefoot with one continuous bottom, offering varying foot-strike patterns a smoother heel-to-toe transition regardless of the runner’s pace.
- A new lightweight Fast Shot outsole ensures optimal traction and grip.
Energy Return and Propulsion
- Dual Nike Air Zoom units in the forefoot cushion impact with the road and return energy to the runner, launching you into your next step.
- A wider full-length carbon fiber Flyplate delivers a propulsive, stable ride.
Comfort and Containment
- An all-new last was used to improve arch comfort and reduce rubbing throughout the foot, while a new molded sock liner was created to support the new lower-profile arch.
- A new Atomknit 3.0 upper offers improved containment, breathability and midfoot support in a lightweight, breathable design.
- A redesigned lacing systemcreates a softer fit on the top of the foot by integrating the eye stays in the Atomknit upper.